The Jabber of the Joules

I love to travel and meet new places and people. To challange myself to try new things and make good memories so when I am at home, I can think and smile. I have strong feelings but try to keep an open mind.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Soup - Black Bean & Peppers

Done over two days due to my schedule, not cause must be done that way.
Could use canned black beans, but did this with dried.

Day one:
in small crockpot - add
4 cups water.
1.5 cups dried black beans - Rinse & add
Put on high, stir occasionally until you go to bed. Then stir again in morning.
(Forget to turn down to low, but do add another cup of water in morning.)

Heat in saute pan -
2 tablespoon olive oil
add 1 cup sweet onion, sliced
cook 2 to 3 minutes, add
4 to 6 crushed garlic cloves (or to taste)
3 banana peppers (red) (mildly hot), sliced in rings
2 hot cherry peppers (red)
1 jalepeno pepper (red)
saute for a few minutes, until starting to soften.
Add 3 to 5 fresh tomatoes, cut into slices (I used 4 plum, one larger heirloom)
add 2 baby eggplant, peeled & cut into rounds.

Put into heat proof container into refrigerator until black beans are ready.

Day two:
heat in soup pan -
dash of olive oil (to coat bottom), then add
tomato/pepper mixture
Stir black beans vigorously - to mash up about half of them in crock - add to soup pan.
add vegetable broth to crock pot, stir around to rinse last of black beans - then add to soup pot.
(I used Orrington Farms soup Base and 3 cups of water)

Mix all together in soup pan until heated through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home